Please join us here live Sundays 9 am MT for our sermon livestream. Click the Resources button at the lower left corner of the video for a copy of the service bulletin. Its better to give than receive (Acts 20:35). After you've watched this week' sermon, use the Share button below each video!
I invite you and your family to join me in Bible Walk, a daily devotional I will be reading each week and studying in my personal studies. Tap the image below to get the devotion for each week. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments you might have about the readings. God bless you as you take a Bible walk this week! Pastor K
January 19th at 6:00 p.m.
The Gospel according to Luke: Jesus Came to Save All People (Luke 19:10)
As you read Luke’s carefully researched account of Jesus’ life, consider yourself on a journey with Luke to learn more about Jesus of Nazareth, whose body, crucified for the forgiveness of sins, becomes the means of the world's salvation.
Participate in Person or via Zoom.
Email SVLWESTYMINISTER@GMAIL.COM if you would like to receive the link.
All SVL 7-12th Graders and their friends are invited to our next NEXT GEN gathering for Bible & Life discussions, fun activities, and service projects to help our community.
January 23 @ 1:00 - 3:00 pm - Decorating SVL Westminster's Youth Room
January 30 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - SVL Westminster's Youth Room (Bible, Life and Service)
February 6 @ 1:00 - 4:00 pm - The Summit laser tag, arcade, and bowling in Thornton
Opportunities to Step Up at SVL
Making Disciples by Seeking - Strengthening - Serving
Email your selections to SVLWESTYMINISTER@GMAIL.COM
SEEKING STRENGTHENING - Worship__Seek Coordinator __Welcome Team Usher
__Social Media Coordinator __Worship Multimedia
__Website Pictures and Info Coordinator __Play an instrument
__Follow up on Guests Coordinator __Singing with a small group
__Follow up on Guests __Rides to Church
__New School Families Mentor Coordinator __Altar Care
__Mentor a New School Family __Communion set-up & take-down
SERVING STRENGTHENING - Bible Studies
__Volunteer for a SINGLE Service Event __NEXT GEN (Youth Group) Helper
- Easter Breakfast (April) __Moderate an Online Men’s Bible Study
- VBS Soccer Camp (July) __Moderate an Online Women’s Bible Study
- Outdoor Movie Night (August) __Moderate an Online Discipleship 201 Class
- Trunk or Treat (October) __Rides to Bible Classes
- Advent by Candlelight (November)
- Christmas 4 Kids (December)
__SVL Well Wishers
__Rides to Church
__Sunday Treats Coordinator
__Bring Treats for Sunday Fellowship Time (9:00-9:25 am)
BIBLE walk – Week 2
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday = Topical Study
Wednesday = Famous Chapter of the Bible
Friday = A Psalm to Consider
- Read privately! Read with your spouse! Read as a family!
- Have your children look up the passages!
- Save for topical reference!
BIBLE STORY: Apollos Shows Great Zeal (Acts 18:24-28)
- How did the man possessed of demons show his zeal? (Luke 8:39)
- What does Paul instruct us to do with our zeal? (Romans 12:11)
BIBLE STUDY: The Prodigal Son Confesses His Sin (Luke 15:11-32)
- What will happen if we confess our sin? (1 John 1:9)
- What will be the result of our heartfelt confession? (Psalm 32:5)
- Even which sins should we be willing to confess? (Psalm 19:12)
WEDNESDAY’S FAMOUS CHAPTER: Read Hebrews 11.
- This is sometimes called the Great Faith Chapter.
BIBLE STORY: God Is Merciful to Lot (Genesis 19:15-29)
- How big is God’s mercy? (2 Samuel 24:14)
- How far does God’s mercy reach? (Luke 1:50)
- What has God given us through his mercy? (1 Peter 1:3,4)
FRIDAY’S PSALM: Read Psalm 23. Which verse is your favorite?
© 2005 Kremer Publications, Inc.
We have three students headed to Martin Luther College this fall! Every year, MLC matches every dollar raised up to $1000 per student. We are about halfway to getting our students this scholarship. Help us get our students fully funded to receive the extra (and much needed) financing! Please consider designating a special gift to help their studies to become future pastors and Christian education teachers! Congratulations Julia K, Jake V, and Bobby L! God bless your future studies and beyond!